About the museum
Organisation & management
Designmuseum Danmark is a self-governing institution and a special museum recognised by the Danish government. The museum receives public support under the Museum Law from the Danish Ministry of Culture and the Danish Agency for Culture and Palaces as main grantors. The museum is lead by a Board chosen by the museum representative office. Daily management is carried out by the museum’s director, who operates the museum with the help of a management group as well as a large number of talented staff within the museum’s core areas.
Designmuseum Danmark is led by Anne-Louise Sommer, Museum Director and adjunct professor.
- Anne-Louise Sommer. Museum Director
- Christian Holmsted Olesen. Head of Exhibitions and Collections
- Nikolina Olsen-Rule. Head of Communications
- Kristian Rise. Head of Development
- Birgitte Hansen-Hoeck. Chief Financial Officer
- Allan Kulsø Larsen. Head of Operation
- Thomas Bakke. Head of Security
The Board is responsible for the overall leadership of the museum and the museum operations, and it draws up guidelines for the museum’s work based on approvals from the museum’s representative office and the museum’s articles of association.
The current Board of Designmuseum Danmark:
- Flemming Lindeløv. Director. (Chairman)
- Jeppe Skadhauge. Lawyer. (Vice-chairman)
- Kjeld von Folsach. Museum director
- Torben Nielsen. Adm. director
- Johan Adam Linneballe. Director
- Stig Andersen. Adm. director
- Christian Holmsted Olesen. Head of Exhibitions and Collections(Employee representative)
The Representative Office consists of persons chosen by private and public institutions within the design field.
Designmuseum Danmark’s Representative Office functions as a contact between the museum and these organisations. The Representative Office chooses the Board.
The Representative Office is chosen by the following organisations:
- Dansk Industri (3 members)
- Håndværksrådet (2 members)
- Davids Samling og Ny Carlsberg Museumslegat (2 members)
- Designmuseets Venner (5 members)
- KADK – Det Kgl. Danske Kunstakademis Skoler for Arkitektur, Design og Konservering (1 members)
- Nationalmuseet (1 members)
- Design Denmark (1 members)
- Medarbejderrepræsentanter fra museet (2 members)
Flemming Lindeløv, director
Kjeld von Folsach, museum director
Torben Nielsen, adm. director
Johan Adam Linneballe, director
Grete Thrane, attorney and mag.art.
Bess Kristoffersen, designer
Jeppe Skadhauge, attorney
Per Vangekjær, master painter
Asger Høeg, director
Stig Andersen, adm. dir.
Lene Brix, architect
Annette Estø, director
Mathilde Aggebo, union leader
Camilla Mordhorst, vice director
Maria Fabricius Hansen, professor, dr.phil.
Pil Bredahl, designer
Marie Louw Käszner, team leader
Christian Holmsted Olesen, Head of Exhibitions and Collections