About the museum
Organisation & management
Designmuseum Danmark is a self-governing institution and a special museum recognised by the Danish government. The museum is non-profit and receives public support under the Museum Law from the Danish Ministry of Culture and the Danish Agency for Culture and Palaces as main grantors. The museum is lead by a Board chosen by the museum representative office. Daily management is carried out by the museum’s director, who operates the museum with the help of a management group as well as a large number of talented staff within the museum’s core areas.
Designmuseum Danmark is led by Anne-Louise Sommer, Museum Director and adjunct professor.
- Anne-Louise Sommer. Museum Director
- Allan Kulsø Larsen. Head of Operation & Security
- Christian Holmsted Olesen. Head of Exhibitions and Collections
- Henriette Falkenberg Andreasen. PA to the Museum Director
- Kristian Rise. Head of Development
- Lene Bruun Bolin. Chief Financial Officer
- Nikolina Olsen-Rule. Head of Communications
The Board is responsible for the overall leadership of the museum and the museum operations, and it draws up guidelines for the museum’s work based on approvals from the museum’s representative office and the museum’s articles of association.
The current Board of Designmuseum Danmark:
- Stig Andersen. Adm. dir. (Chairman)
- Jeppe Skadhauge. Advokat. (Vice-chairman)
- Camilla Mordhorst. CEO
- Helle Søholt. CEO
- Johan Adam Linneballe. Designer. Director
- Dan Boyter. CEO
- Nikolina Olsen-Rule. Head of Communication
The Representative Office consists of persons chosen by private and public institutions within the design field.
Designmuseum Danmark’s Representative Office functions as a contact between the museum and these organisations. The Representative Office chooses the Board.
The Representative Office is chosen by the following organisations:
- Dansk Industri (3 members)
- Håndværksrådet (2 members)
- Davids Samling og Ny Carlsberg Museumslegat (2 members)
- Designmuseets Venner (5 members)
- KADK – Det Kgl. Danske Kunstakademis Skoler for Arkitektur, Design og Konservering (1 members)
- Nationalmuseet (1 members)
- Design Denmark (1 members)
- Medarbejderrepræsentanter fra museet (2 members)
Stig Andersen, adm. dir.
Johan Adam Linneballe, designer, director
Grete Thrane, lawyer
Karin Carlander, designer
Nina Linde, Næstformand, Designmuseets Venner
Jeppe Skadhauge, lawyer
Joachim Meyer, Curator
Lene Brix, architect
Annette Estø, Director
Camilla Mordhorst, CEO
Helle Søholt, CEO
Pil Bredahl, designer
Rane Willerslev, Director
Henrik Tvarnø, Director
Dan Boyter, CEO
Nikolina Olsen-Rule, Head of Communication (Designmuseum Danmark)
Anne Cathrine Wolsgaard Iversen, Curator (Designmuseum Danmark)